By default, the photos you scan with Photomyne's photo scanner app are kept within the app. If you would like to save photos to your device, please follow these simple steps.
4 Easy steps to save photos to your mobile device
The following tutorial applies to both the iOS and Android Photomyne apps.
1. Go to the album you would like to save to your device. Tap the save icon (the down-facing arrow) to prompt the photo saving process.
2. Now select the photos you'd like to save. If you want to save all the photos of that album, simply tap the circle on the top-right to instantly select all the photos with one tap.
3. Next, you will have three photo saving options to choose from: Save in good quality (free for everyone), Save in best quality and Send to my computer. The last two options are available for active account members.
4. If this is your first time saving photos, the app will ask you how you wish photos with details to be saved. Without details - this means just the photo file itself. With added details - this means the photo will be saved along with a Polaroid-like white border which includes the text of your added captions.
That's about it.
If you've chosen to save photos to your device, they will be saved to your device's default photos gallery app. On iPhones and iPads, access the photos you just saved using the Photos app.
A note on saving photos to your Android device: If your Android device has an SD card, the photo files of your album will be saved to the card. If you don't have an SD card, then photos will be saved locally on the device and will take up storage space accordingly.
If using the free app, you're welcome to subscribe to a Photomyne Account - this includes the full app's utility features, plus unlimited photo backup, web access to view your photos on any device or PC, and freeing up space on your device.
How photos will be saved on your device
The details you add to photos (title/description, location, year, names, etc.) will all be preserved within the app. Please consider the following when exporting (saving) Photomyne photos to your device:
- The action of saving scanned photos to your device keeps the same photo order as it was on the app.
- In most mobile devices, the photo gallery/camera roll will organize your new saved photos based on the year you assigned to the album in the Photomyne app.
- In iOS devices: For your convenience, there's also a Photomyne photos album in your iOS photos app. All your saved scanned photos with the app will also appear there. If you have an android device, the scanned Photomyne photos will appear in your photos' default folder, as you defined on your device.
Saving photos from the app onto your PC or Mac
Photomyne account members can enjoy an easy way of saving their scanned photos directly on their personal (desktop or laptop) computer. Here's how:
1. Follow steps #1-#3 as mentioned above. When you see the photo saving pop-up screen, select the third option (Send to my computer).
2. Next, you'll be asked to fill out the email address - this is where Photomyne will send you a special download link.
3. Now log in to your email account on your computer. Look for the email from Photomyne (subject line: Your photos' download link [open from PC]).
4. Next, click the download link in that email from Photomyne and that will prompt an instant download of a compressed (ZIP) folder with all your photo files.
*How to open a zip folder and extract your photo files:
(a) Go to your computer's 'Downloads' folder and double-click the ZIP file. In Windows or Mac OS X, you can double-click the ZIP file and it will open in a new window. You can then copy the contents to another folder. OS X will create a new folder next to the ZIP file when you double-click it, but may not open it automatically.
(b) Drag and drop the photo files to your desktop or any other location on your PC or Mac.
This page was last updated on: July 2019